Friday 14 November 2014

A little bit of Dust


Do you believe in faeries?  Not the sweet little Barbie-like perfect winged creatures created by Hollywood.  No.  Real faeries.  Do you believe?

I have this absolute fascination with the fae. I read everything about them, follow blogs about them.  Collect them. I have many hanging from the roof in my little cottage. I'm in love with the Froud fae because that is how I would imagine them.


I have met many fae on meditational journeys and danced in faery rings with them in my dreams.  But actually meet one..... Maybe.

A few weeks ago I was meditating as usual under our beautiful lush green Wishing tree.  The lower branches are wrapped in colorful ribbons of wishes send to Mother Earth.  Lanterns of all colors play among the leaves and the soft whispers of water dancing around the Buddha's knees filled the air.

During the meditation I was playing with the fae in a far off forest.  Running through the trees.  A tree spirit caught my curly hair and captured me for a while.  I playfully removed the hold and rushed after the fae, running over the streams.  I disappeared in the otherworld for a long while and returned to reality with a blissful sigh.

Much later in the day, someone asked what I had in my hair.  On closer inspection, I found a beautiful shining silver leaf braided into my hair.  As I pulled to try and get it out it softly dissolved into a soft silver dust.  I send it to the wishing tree, in  a puff of kisses and gratitude.


Do I believe in Faeries?  Of course I do.  Sometimes all you need is a little bit of dust.  Do you believe?

Author: M.G Schoombee

No comments:

Post a Comment