Friday 24 April 2015

A Little Taste



With all the madness of a busy life, writing the third book in the series and promoting the others,  I thought a little taste of  Book one - Within Lie Dragons would wet your appetite for some more of ARACH.


"Gunnar smiled as he picked up the knife. “I will carve the magick out of that bitch little by little.”
The faery was bound in gold chains to the ash wood wall of the dungeon.
His eyes were full of hatred.
“So little one please tell me why Murmura are so interested in that vampire and werewolf filth? I do not want to hurt you” he grimaced.
“I would rather die than tell you anything about my Queen” she whispered.
“That will be arranged later my dear but first you will tell me everything you know.”  He moved closer.
“Do what you must I will not bring that over me.”
“As you wish little one” Gunnar sneered. The golden knife sliced a piece of flesh from Ostesas’ arm as she moaned in agony.
Gunnar licked the slight pinkish blood dripping from the knife. He grimaced faery blood tastes so strange.
“Arg you can taste the damn magick” he spat.
Ostesa smiled slightly “your kind has never liked the magick” she coughed.
“Magick has never interested me, it so airy-faery” Gunnar grinned.
“You are not worthy of magick and that makes you bitter.”
The golden knife cut through her flesh like butter.
He laughed. “Bitter, me? Never. I’m better than magick. I do not need your faery magick.  We vampires have survived for centuries without it and are better off than the faery race. So you and your kind can have your magick, it has not enriched your race and it never will.”
“That may be your view on it, we believe that your race are lost and will not be pure for long. All beings need each other, you can not exist alone.”
The knife cut through the bone, an arm fell to the floor."


Find out more at www.readarach.com  #arach #fantasy #epic #vampires #faeries #werewolf

No comments:

Post a Comment